Coarse Ground Corn Meal 200 g
Water 850 g
Kosher Salt 15 g
Mascarpone 75 g
Fiore Sardo P.D.O., grated fine 75 g
Minted Almond Gremolata
Mint, fresh, chopped 50 g
Parsley, fresh, chopped 50 g
Rosemary, fresh, chopped fine 5 g
Garlic, fine chopped 10 g
Lemon Zest, micro plane 5 g
Flaked finishing Salt 2 g
Black Pepper, ground 1 g
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 15 g
Lamb Shanks 1 per person
Lamb Broth 75 g per lamb shank
Blended Olive oil as needed
Bay Leaf 1 each
Red Wine, reduced to syrup 15 g per lamb shank
For the Polenta:
1. Bring water and salt to a boil.
2. Add corn meal, and cook over low heat for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. For service, bring to a boil, then briskly fold in the Mascarpone and Fiore Sardo P.D.O.
4. Adjust seasoning to taste as needed.
For the Lamb Shank:
1. Based on the total weight of the lamb shanks, Season with 1% sea salt and .15% black pepper
2. Sear on all sides in a hot pan with blended olive oil.
3. Cool completely.
4. Place in a Sous Vide pouch with lamb broth, bay leaf, and red wine reduction.
5. Chamber vacuum to 10Mbar of pressure/Seal.
6. Cook Sous Vide in a water bath with an immersion circulator set to 65.6*C for 48 Hours
7. Serve warm with Lamb Broth, or Chill after cooking.
For the Gremolata:
1. Chop Herbs just before serving.
2. Blend all ingredients together.
3. Reserve for service
Did you know? The name Fiore Sardo is said to derive either from the use of a coagulant obtained from a flower, most likely the thistle, or from the use of wooden stamps molded with an engraved flower on the disk that until recent times served to distinguish and decorate the cheese.
Recipe by: Dan Kish